Thursday, July 11, 2019

Medical Mayhem


Totally sorry for  the lack of communication on here, but I had what I would describe as a medical emergency with my warfarin, which took from around 11.15 on Friday evening till 7.30 on Saturday morning,  Consequently we were in no fit state to attend or even open up for Mike Matthews nor attend the evening with Ray Prendergast. Nevertheless I did hear good reports in regard of this. My other decision was whether or not to cancel West Wickham, but decided it would be unfair to wait until Sunday to cancel if I was still feeling grim . At this stage our felting course hung in the balance as I had no whether I would be attending it.  As fate decreed I felt a bit better on Sunday and decided  we would be ok, but  I will add by the time I returned to Bromley South I was totally shattered.  I am so glad we didn't miss it though as we met a delightful lady of 100 years old who was full of vitality.  I do hope we encounter her again with her daughter Jane Furst.  Incidentally the open studios is well worth a visit and Intra has some interesting pieces.  I can also recommend Faye Luminesense Lambs's workshops in Rochester take a look at Unravel and Unwind.  Faye's next workshop on felting is on the 4th August and I believe it starts vat 2 pm and finishes around 4.30 pm so come and join us
Our next event is on Monday 15th July at 2 pm and we are very excited about it as some of the closed circle newbies will be joining us on the platform. So if you are free please come and join us at Woodford Spiritualist Church (www.woodfordchurch.com), 
Following this our next workshop is at Epping in our usual venue with Alan Albiston and we will be giving more details in one of the next posts.  Its bound to be as very popular workshop and is on the 20th July at 1.30 pm (don't forget the doors will open at 1 pm for tea and biscuits).  Some of the work bottom right is Faye's and this picture does not do it justice, but will give you a wee idea. 
Hopefully I won't be as tarde with my next update.  Watch out for details of the MBS Fair at Little Ilford Spiritualist Church in the East End of London soon. Its on 28th July and we will be attending as will Liz Gale and Nigel Irvine.   

No comments: