Wednesday, May 5, 2021

News and no news




Long overdue, but I am now updating the blog. Basically there is so little news, but I have decided to concentrate on ways to manifest the sanctuary as I now know it would havep served a great purpose this past year if it had been established. Our idea about a inexpensive cafe where lonely people could come and have company plus affordable food. They wouldn’t have been so lonely as they would have we hope have established friendships.

We need to get this underway. Our main problem is premises as I’m a business sense neither Daniel nor I are good. We often or not can’t take money when we know someone shouldn’t be paying it, but of course that does not help fund wise. What we need is a fundraiser or a sponsor. Any other ideas would be gratefully received 


We have no idea when we will be able to start teaching without masks or social distancing. Having experienced Zoom for the first time a few weeks ago I confess I wasn’t impressed. Firstly it froze, one friend of ours couldn’t get on it and another lost the workshop we were on halfway through. 

Apart from all this I am still busily knitting hearts and they have been going out to various places, but now I will be going back to our original plan plus giving them to anyone we feel needs cheering up or has helped us. 

Our Whats App group is still going strong and I have been knitting Cadbury Egg covers which are very cute. See pictures and I do enjoy knitting them. Every person on the group will eventually get one plus their loved ones or friends where possible. 




No comments: