Monday, May 11, 2020

Well where does that leave us

Well after recent announcements it really does not look as if we will be physically meeting until later this year.. My own feeling it could be as late as September. The picture on the left was done by one of the students on our What’s App group. Well done Amanda Johns it is a very interesting piece of work (in fact I love it). I have done a survey regarding the group being done on video and it seems very few people want it to change as they like it as it is. One person stated it was the uniqueness that was so good and several said if the group went over to video they would leave. Several have problems with video calls and I must admit I have. I will however be looking at several other visual options if this lockdown continues, but not at the moment. I have to admit that It’s been a great challenge teaching this way.  
We seem no further forward with lockdown. In fact in my humble opinion yesterdays announcements
 seems quite dangerous as it afford no protection to those whom have to travel by public transport. I had hoped for face masks being made compulsory as it ensure you not passing on both viruses and bacteria to other people. As we know so little they are saying one could be a carrier and I for one would hate the thought I had passed it on to someone else.
On a more positive note lots of very encouraging things that have come from the virus. The ozone layer has mended, the bird song has been splendid and the rivers, sea and canals are cleaner.  The air has not been this clear since I can remember, so it looks like the enemy could be the saviour of Mother Earth.
I have been knitting more hearts not only for the hospitals, but also for several friends who have had loved ones make their transition to the higher life or as I would rather say gone home. Three more package are going into the post today with the hope they give some comfort to the bereaved.
Haydn Clarke has now been moved into a nursing home until he can gain use of legs once again and I understand that yesterday he was walking so please keep him on your healing list. Please add a friend of ours daughter who swallow a blade to your healing list.


No comments: