Thursday, May 28, 2020

Perfect Social Distancing

Firstly I would like to thank Paul Bathgate for the picture, which amused me as its perfect social distancing and very appropriate for the times. Paul took this on his daily walk as he is a key worker so has to venture into London. It’s a bit bad when some humans don’t seem to know exactly what this is. I understand sadly the beach at Weston Super Mare was packed last weekend and worst still the hospital has had to refuse any new admission. Furthermore they have been forced into closing the A & E. This is not media hype as I have friends in that part of the world who verified this. 
We sstill have no idea when we can resume normal circles or workshops, but I am not holding out any great hope on this score. My own feeling is the earliest will be September and we are definitely hoping that the workshop with  Jacky And Les Fuller will go ahead in October vas small meetings are now allowed outside. If the weather is clement  we could quite easily use the beautiful garden in the lovely venue we are so fortunate to be able to hire. 
We have also decided tha after lockdown ceases  we will continue with our What’s App group once a week, but we will be charging either £5 per week or £15 per month which would comprise a two hour session. We have yet to decide which day it would be, but it would be a weekday. Please let me know if you would be interested.  I don’t know whether you all all realise we now number twenty although of course not everyone is there every evening
As you all know I have been encouraging  people to knit hearts for the hospital, but although they only statement they wanted a pair of hearts I thought I would make one into a key ring as I felt the relative would like something they could carry around with them. Please all of you continue to do this as lots of the hospitals are still needing these as they have still have lots of patients and relatives whom I am sure will find these a wee comfort. The picture on the right is of a poster which was sent to me by one of the hospitals in Kent and if you looking our Facebook page you will see both Kent hospitals so please include them in your knitting efforts, but also at the moment of course the General Hospital  in Weston Super Mare.  I find it quite scary they have had to close the A & E. It certainly hasn’t been good for the local  population as I would imagine there nearest hospital is in Bristol. We will once lockdown. has ceased be distributing our hearts for our own project and on last count it was seventy-five plus.
I hasten to add lots of good things have come  from of the lockdown including people join back to cooking instead of relying on fast food. Families have had more time to be with their children and jog tske part in the constant battle with time. Some have even got a large amount of rest during this time and been able to touch base with the nature. . On the whole people have been kinder to one another. Maybe people have realised money does not make the world go around and having the latest mobile telephone isn’t that important as they miss hugs from their nearest and dearest.
I do hope in my next post there will be better news for everybody. Including some kind of normality in regards to travelling even if one has to social distance. We can always get a few lessons from the pelicans in Saint James Park. Meanwhile  please keep safe.

No comments: